California’s Oceanfront Playground
Nestled halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, The Cliffs Resort is perched atop bluffs overlooking some of the world's most pristine beaches. Enjoy a Pismo Beach hotel unlike any other - inspired by, and in harmony with, its breathtaking ocean setting. Relax your mind and indulge your senses in this Mediterranean climate, drenched in sunshine 310 days each year. Our award-winning Pismo Beach California resort will dazzle you with exquisite details, from a heated outdoor pool to a relaxing spa treatment. You'll love our first-class amenities, newly renovated accommodations, and alluring setting:
- Located on Shell Beach, on California's amazing Central Coast
- Halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles
- A scenic drive from Hearst Castle
- Nearby world-class wineries and golf courses
- Direct beach access
- 10 miles to San Luis Obispo and California Polytechnic State University
Many hotels are close to the water, but our oceanfront Pismo Beach California hotel sits on its very own bluff, overlooking its very own beach. Fresh from a recent guestroom and restaurant/lounge renovation, The Cliffs serves up stunning views, impeccable service, and secluded bliss. Enjoy our Jacuzzis, saunas, and massage therapists. Treat yourself to fine international cuisine. When you're ready to explore, you're a short distance from world-class golf courses theaters, art galleries, wineries, and attractions. Our hotel in Pismo Beach, California specializes in magnificent features and activities, including:
- 160 guest rooms and suites, featuring private balconies or patios, Italian marble baths, *42” HD flat screen televisions and comfortable workstations; each with breathtaking ocean, coastal, or mountain views.
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Access, available in all public areas including all guestrooms, the main lobby, all meeting facilities, the restaurant, the lounge, and even poolside. It’s easy to stay connected!
- Spa Services include relaxing therapeutic massage, facial, and body treatments all inspired by the Spirit of the Sea.
- Marisol our on-site oceanfront Restaurant and Lounge with indoor and outdoor seating features sweeping views of the Pacific, New American Cuisine, a five-time award winning Champagne Sunday Brunch and live entertainment.
- 10,000 square feet of flexible indoor/outdoor meeting and banquet space accommodating group of five to five hundred, The Cliffs Resort offers private meeting space for social events and conferences of all kinds.
- Heated oceanfront swimming pool, with panoramic Pacific views and impeccable poolside service, it’s the perfect place for an afternoon of fun.
- 24-hour fitness center, offering a variety of cutting edge cardio equipment in addition to a full selection of free weights and resistance-training equipment.
- Complimentary Shuttle Service to and from San Luis Obispo Regional Airport (SBP) and the local Amtrak stations. Shuttle service is based on availability. Reservations highly recommended 48 hours in advance or more. To schedule a shuttle, please call: 805.773.5000 ext. 850
Escape to a breathtaking ocean setting at The Cliffs Resort -- a California resort vacation destination inspired by the world's most pristine beaches. With its stunning views, impeccable service, and nearby invigorating attractions, our newly renovated resort is your own private oasis away from the world. Book your reservations online today for our preferred rates.
Phone (800) 826-7827, (805) 773-5000
The Perfect California Beachfront Getaway
The SeaVenture Hotel, one of the premier Pismo Beach resort hotels, offers affordable upscale accommodations right on the beach. True to its tradition, SeaVenture offers a complete package of resort amenities including a fine restaurant, all located in a quiet zone just south of downtown Pismo Beach and the pier.
Pismo Beach is just halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, a pleasing corner of classic California and the perfect home for SeaVenture’s beach resort hotel. With miles of pristine sand and surf, a perfect climate, and a convenient location off Highway 101, Pismo Beach remains surprisingly quiet and quaint, with small town charm, one of California’s best-kept secrets.
Within the hotel, marble finishes and custom furniture lend a casual elegance unique among Pismo Beach hotels. Your comfortable room, most with private balcony and hot tub, will refresh you from the day’s outdoor activities: surfing, kayaking, bicycling, fishing, golf, as well as shopping for antiques in town. Stretch out on the warm sands of Pismo Beach and stroll on the boardwalk to the pier, just to catch the sunset and a sea breeze.
A few minutes’ drive from the SeaVenture you will find wine tasting at the best California wineries. A short drive north up Highway One brings you to the charming towns of San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay, and Cambria, as well as spectacular Hearst Castle and the rugged coastline of Big Sur.
Join us at the SeaVenture Hotel, your romantic Pismo Beach resort destination. You’ll come back again and again.
Celebrating over 100 years
Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort has a legendary history reaching back to Spanish- and Mexican era, early American California, and the wild days of the Old West.
In 1886 two weathered prospectors started drilling for "liquid gold." To their surprise they didn't find oil, but white-hot sulphur mineral water. Because of the water's curative effects, the proprietors established a popular spa and mineral springs resort on the present location.
In the early part of the 20th century, the Pacific Coast Railway – which stopped right across the street – brought travelers from Los Angeles and San Francisco on its stunning coastal route to this increasingly popular outpost on the Central Coast. A few years later in the 1930s, the word was out and many Hollywood celebrities started sojourning at the resort on their trips to Hearst Castle.
About this same time, new owners renamed the property as Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort. They decided it should be a therapeutic center staffed by doctors and nurses. People journeyed far-and-wide for the mineral water treatments to "cure" their aches, pains, arthritis and other sundry ailments.
Some 40 years later in the mid-1970s there was considerable shift in focus, and Sycamore Mineral Springs once again became a destination resort. King Ventures, the current owner, purchased the property in 2003, with the commitment to establishing its legacy as an authentic and historic California mineral springs resort. Our storied history, of course, is just one aspect of our property.
Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows. Our historic resort is the ideal environment to refresh, renew and restore one's mind, body and spirit.
Phone: (800) 234-5831, (805) 595-7302, Fax (805) 595-4007
San Luis Obispo’s Finest Hospitality
Wine country hospitality, comfortable deluxe lodging, and honest value are the guiding principles behind the Apple Farm Inn, one of San Luis Obispo's hotels that embodies a true atmosphere of tranquility. Combining the charm of wine country inns with the modern conveniences of a luxury hotel, Apple Farm Inn offers the best in San Luis Obispo lodging.
Our rooms are uniquely appointed with cozy fireplaces and seating nooks. Deluxe accommodations await you in a lush, quiet garden setting. We are conveniently located just off US 101, on the Central Coast of California. When looking for San Luis Obispo lodging, the Central Coast visitor cannot go wrong in choosing Apple Farm Inn from the many San Luis Obispo hotels.
From your home base at Apple Farm Inn, explore San Luis Obispo: festivals, farmers markets, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, a historic mission, superb food, and a creek that runs through town. Minutes away, rolling valleys offer the best in California wine tasting. A short drive north on Highway One brings you to William Randolph Hearst's dream, Hearst Castle, and the spectacular shoreline of Big Sur.
Everyone here will be delighted to see you, whether you're just looking for a night's lodging, a weekend getaway, or a memorable experience including the romance of country inns, lush gardens, a brimming gift shop, and a step back in time at our authentic millhouse. To enjoy the finest in San Luis Obispo lodging, check into the Apple Farm Inn, unique among San Luis Obispo hotels. You will leave your heart with us and return again and again.
Phone: (800) 255-2040, (805) 544-2040